The construction of Jokeri Light Rail is proceeding apace. This means that the traffic arrangements in the vicinity of the construction sites are also changing. The following major traffic arrangements will be implemented in early autumn 2020.
- The Kuusisaarentie and Otaniementie junction will be converted into a roundabout in September–October due to the construction.
- The Miestentie and Otaniementie junction will be temporarily closed to motor vehicles in calendar week 36 (estimate).
- Maarintie and the Maarintie, Konemiehentie and Tietotie junction were opened to motor vehicles in calendar week 31.
- The construction of Impilahdensilta bridge is nearing completion. As a result, Jokeri Light Rail-related traffic arrangements have been removed from Turunväylä.
- Leppävaarankatu in front of Sello Shopping Centre will be opened to traffic in October.
- The construction of Jokeri Light Rail will begin and associated lane arrangements will be implemented on Hevosenkenkä in September.
- Ravitie is nearly completed sans finalisation and will open to traffic on Friday 21 August.
- Upon the opening of Ravitie, the Takkatie and Pitäjänmäentie junction will be closed for cable transfers for approximately three months, starting on 21 August. Access to the Takkatie area will be via Perkkaantie and Ravitie.
- The Kutomotie and Pitäjänmäentie junction will be closed to motor traffic from 10 August 2020 onwards. Access to Kutomotie will be via Purotie. Pedestrian and cycling routes will be changed at the eastern end of Pitäjänmäentie.
- In September, after the opening of the Takomotie junction, the Valimotie and Pitäjänmäentie junction will be closed. Access to Valimotie will be via Karvaamokuja and Valimokuja or via Strömbergintie and Hiomotie. The junction is expected to be completed in April 2021.
- Pirkkolantie and Pirjontie will be opened to motor vehicle through passage at the turn of September and October.
- The Tammiontie and Pakilantie junction will be closed in late October for approximately one month. Access to Tammiontie and Suonotkontie will be via Suursuonlaita and Suonotkontie.
- Tulvaniitynsilta bridge over the Vantaa River will be opened to pedestrians and cyclists in September.
- The tram bridge over Lahdenväylä will be completed and associated traffic arrangements on Lahdenväylä will be removed in August.
In addition to these major changes, smaller changes in traffic arrangements will also be implemented as construction progresses. These changes will be announced on the Jokeri Light Rail website, social media channels and signs in the vicinity of the construction sites. The transportation of rails and other construction materials may cause temporary changes to traffic arrangements.